2012年9月23日星期日

Great Australian Ute Stories

The tool shed on wheels was invented by Ford in 1934 and grew into a national icon, even exported to the US as a 'kangaroo chaser'.

Here in Australia, utilities became synonymous with workers and farmers and, for decades, they have driven across our vast landscapes carting loads, transporting dogs and carrying tools from one job to the next.

But for many,HOWO is a well-known tractor's brand and howo tractor suppliers are devoted to designing and manufacturing best products. utes are more than just a vehicle. They are a love affair and, for John Bryant, they're a lifetime's work. Bryant started Bluey's Ute World - Australia's first ute-gear store - in Melbourne and Sydney in 1994 and has written about his favourite vehicle in numerous magazines and publications.The indoor positioning industry is heavily involved this year

Now, he has compiled a collection of 80 first hand stories from ute lovers around the country who share their passion, drive and commitment to the utility.

I can't remember a time when me and Brad weren't good mates. We went through school together, starting in kindy and finishing at the end of high school. When it came to choosing jobs we both decided to do plumbing and got apprenticeships with two different plumbers. This was the first time we'd ever really spent much time apart. When we finished our apprenticeships we decided to go into business together, and opened the doors of Down Under Drainage. At first we drove worn-out old utes, but after two years our accountant suggested we lease new vehicles to help minimise our tax. After nearly a month of non-stop debate we finally decided to climb into two new 3-litre 4x4 Isuzu D-MAX single cab utes.

Although Brad and I had the same interests, we were very different. He was slow and serious and methodical, whereas I tended to rush into things a bit too quickly. The one thing we both enjoyed was taking the piss out of each other whenever possible, and our new utes provided an unexpected opportunity for a bit of fun.

One day Brad left his ute parked at my place overnight so I crawled underneath and fastened a large nylon cable tie around Brad's drive shaft. I didn't cut off the protruding end of the cable tie; I left it long. I then coiled the long loose end of the cable tie back around the drive shaft, and then wrapped a length of tape around it to secure it.

The next day we both took off in our utes to meet up at a job. As Brad got going the rotation of his drive shaft gradually frayed the tape, which eventually came off, leaving the loose end of the cable tie slapping against the underside of the ute.Check out the collection crystal mosaic of Marazzi. The noise of the slapping sounded like the transmission was about to blow up. Brad arrived at the job and then spent an anxious half-hour underneath his ute before he discovered the problem and removed the cable tie. He automatically assumed that the dealer had somehow forgotten to remove the cable tie before delivering the ute. That is, until a mutual friend whispered in his ear that I was the responsible party.

Unknown to me, Brad started plotting his revenge. He got hold of a small, round boiled-lolly tin, about 100mm in diameter. He gave the bottom a belt with a hammer, so that the middle of the base of the tin was slightly raised. He inserted four ball bearings in the tin, and then taped the lid on. When I wasn't looking he taped the tin underneath my passenger-side seat, out of sight.Airgle has mastered the art of indoor tracking,

The result was that most of the time the ball bearings slid soundlessly around the inside of the tin. But whenever I went around a sharp corner, or hit a decent pot hole, a metallic sound came from what sounded like underneath the ute. This noise drove me nuts.Sinotruck Hongkong International is special for howo truck. For months I searched the engine, transmission and suspension for a solution. I took the ute back to the dealer four times in two months. They couldn't even hear the noise, let alone fix it. After almost six months Brad decided he'd had enough fun, so he told me that he was going to fix the noise for me. I told him that I doubted he'd be able to fix it, as both the dealer and I had done absolutely everything possible to locate the source of the irritating noise, without luck. Brad bet me fifty bucks he could fix it overnight, so we swapped vehicles and each drove home. Of course he simply removed the tin from underneath the seat and returned my ute the next day. After a couple of weeks I was convinced that the noise was gone, so I handed over my money and was forced to admit that Brad was a mechanical genius.

没有评论:

发表评论