2011年12月15日星期四

A son searches for his mother

Kelly McCleary stared at his sandwich and left his juice untouched. We were sitting in a coffee shop on a cold bright morning. He was exhausted. His heart was sore.

His mother is missing.

She has schizophrenia. He thinks she is on the street again. He can’t find her and isn’t sure where to look.

He said, “She was in public housing. She’d been paying rent for seven years. She got one of those evictions; noise.” I shuddered.

She was evicted in August. “She’s had schizophrenia for years. She yells sometimes at night.This page contains information about molds, I tried to see her once a week; most of the times she’d be okay, but there’d be outbursts.”

Outbursts? “It’s hard to deal with; she thinks all kids my age are her babies. I’m an only child.”

Kelly is 24 years old. At one time, both his parents were homeless. They separated years ago. He was raised, well and thoughtfully, by his grandmother.

After the eviction, Kelly said, “I tried to find her a place. A women’s hostel agreed to pick her up on the day. I was there, but no one from the hostel showed up.

“I found her on the street outside her place with nothing; just the clothes on her back, and a bag of stuff — no purse, no coat, no ID, no hat. I asked her what happened.

“She said they came to kick her out; the cops, and someone from housing. I called the hostel to find out what happened. They said there were no real plans to pick her up on the day.

“I took her to a shelter on Broadview where she’d been before. I was trying to get her booked in when she ran off.” He ran after her, but she disappeared.

He called his dad, who has issues of his own. They went to all the places they thought she might go; they eventually learned that she went back to her building and slept in the laundry room for a time.

Kelly said, “I was thinking it was my fault, letting her run off.” No, Kelly, not your fault.

The cops found her, though,We are passionate about polished tiles. and took her to a hospital. “They got her stabilized and I got things in motion so she’d be able to go to her original destination, the hostel. I took her by cab and got her signed in. Then I went for a walk to get familiar with the area.”

But because it was a women’s hostel, and because he is a man, he had trouble connecting with his mother. She took off again a couple of weeks ago.

The hostel staff didn’t bother to tell him. When he asked, they said she was,We're also Australia's leading online Bedding retailer. after all, free to come and go. Kelly called the cops, who found her once again, but wouldn’t tell him where she was.

He is certain she’s on the street again. That’s her in the photo. Her name is Deborah.

“She’s probably thinner now; she’ll have lost some weight.Manufacturers and exporters of impact socket, Maybe she’s wearing a green coat, knee-length; maybe a white hat, maybe a big cloth bag with a BMW logo, and other car logos. Black pants, black boots; she has an ulcer on her left leg, so maybe her boot is open if it’s swelled.”

That’s a lot for a kid to deal with. He’s been doing odd jobs until he gets things sorted out.The temporomandibular joint is the joint of the jaw and is frequently referred to as TMJ. What he’d rather be doing is going to school; he wants, eventually, to work in architecture.

Kelly has gone to the cops of 55 Division for help. I can also pass along information to Kelly. I asked him if things were harder because it’s Christmas.

没有评论:

发表评论