2011年6月21日星期二

How stem cell treatment helped cure 10 years of pain caused by.. toothpaste

JACQUELINE GEMMELL went into hiding after a bad reaction to toothpaste left her with a painful rash on her face. Steroid cream prescribed by the doctor only made it worse.

When she tried a tiny amount on her face,Detailed information on the causes of dstti, it felt like tiny shards of glass as the lanolin in the cream burned her skin.

But, thanks to a revolutionary stem-cell therapy, Jacqueline's face is finally back to normal after nearly eight years.

The treatment has given her her life back. She said: "After it happened, I more or less went into hiding. I felt this hopelessness.
Jacqueline Gemmell's eye was sore and red

"Was I going to wake up every morning for the rest of my life to look like this?

"My self-esteem hit rock bottom and I felt I was always trying to hide behind my hair.

"People would stare at me when I went out and I struggled to sleep because it was so painful. I would wake up clawing at my face.

"It is not a case that stem-cell therapy has changed my life. It has given me my life back."

When Jacqueline, who comes from Glasgow and used to work for Radio Clyde, first noticed the rash, she thought it was just a cold sore.

She said: "It just kept getting worse. It was really red right round my mouth, on my chin and right down on to my neck and up to my eye.A glass bottle is a bottle created from glass.

"It was incredibly painful."
Jacqueline Gemmell is now fit and healthy

Eventually Jacqueline decided to get help from her doctor. But the lanolin in the cream reacted badly with her skin, causing her even more pain.

Jaqueline eventually discovered her initial rash was caused by toothpaste. She said: "After several years of trawling the internet, I stumbled across a forum for people with skin problems.

"I was led to a website where there were pictures of people with rashes exactly like mine. It said my condition was perioral dermatitis. Then I discovered it was caused by toothpaste which contains sodium lauryl sulphate."

Jacqueline stopped using her toothpaste and had some relief right away. But the rash never cleared up and would at times come back with a vengeance.uy sculpture direct from us at low prices

She said: "Sodium lauryl sulphate is a foaming agent found in so many things including soaps, shampoo or washing powder. It impacts you in so many ways. I even struggled to wash my face.Choose from one of the major categories of Bedding,"

But Jacqueline did manage to keep up her voluntary work, including helping Cue and Review record newspapers and magazines on audio tapes for the blind and visually impaired.

She said: "When I did speak to people, I got nervous, talked too much and then got even more embarrassed.Not to be confused with RUBBER MATS available at your local hardware store My confidence completely vanished."

After nearly eight years, Jaqueline finally heard about a treatment which might help.

Using technology developed by a British scientist in Australia to help the victims of the Bali bombings, the Recell stem cell therapy treatment from Sculpta Clinic is designed to dramatically improve sun-damaged skin as well as helping to heal burns.

Jacqueline had the procedure two months ago. It involved harvesting cells from behind the ear then attaching them to her face after it had been prepared by a laser.

She said: "It wasn't particularly comfortable, but they give you local anaesthetic and it was never what you would call painful.

"I just closed my eyes and thought, 'This is all the pain I have been suffering being taken away'.

"I feel like I have lost nearly 10 years of my life but now I can start living again."

没有评论:

发表评论