2011年11月20日星期日

Mum bids to drive out ‘stinking’ bus shelter

A CONCERNED resident has called for action to be taken at a bus shelter next to her home, which she claims is a haunt for anti-social behaviour and is causing damage to her own property.

Mother-of-three Nicola Wimbush said the structure along Hadston Road, in South Broomhill, is being used as a ‘teenage den’, which stinks of ‘stale urine’ and is often targeted by graffiti vandals.

She has also complained that rain water is running off the structure’s roof and coming into her property.

Mrs Wimbush has written to East Chevington Parish Council requesting help, asking members to change the shelter’s design or even grant permission to remove it.

Her letter, which was read out at last week’s meeting, says: “The shelter is positioned in front of one of my windows giving me a view of a brick wall when I look out.Shop for Wholesale Small Size Wall Tiles For Wall From China Manufacturers at Bed Bath & Beyond

“It is very close to my house; so close in fact that when it rains, water pours off the shelter roof onto my house.

“Unfortunately, the house now has water coming through the wall where it runs off the shelter roof and hits the gable end of my house.Anyone with a Henspa Wholesale Rock Porcelain Tiles For Wall From China Manufacturers can enjoy the satisfaction of raising their own hens and delight in fresh”

It adds: “The shelter has broken, loose tiles on its roof which I am worried may injure a member of the public or my children if they fall off.

“I regularly clean graffiti off the shelter and my fence.For more detailed search information about Wholesale Tiles Cutting For Wall From China Manufacturers , The shelter smells of stale urine which leads me to believe that, because of its ‘closed in’ design, it is being used as a public toilet.

“I also presume that it is being used as a teenage den because used condoms and beer cans have been thrown into my garden next to the shelter.Examine our Wholesale Metal Tiles For Countertops here.”

She added: “I would be willing to contract a builder myself to remove the shelter if you (the parish council) would give me written permission.Buy Hair Wholesale Glass Mixed Mosaics For Floor from top rated stores

“I feel that if the shelter was removed or replaced by a transparent, open-style shelter, then all the problems I have outlined would be solved.”

After the meeting, Mrs Wimbush said the majority of bus shelter users did not cause a problem.

Council chairman Scott Dickinson said that a site meeting would be held at the shelter and the parish council would look at what can be done to rectify some of the problems but said the shelter couldn’t be removed.

He added that transparent bus shelters have been subject to vandalism in the village and told members that both the parish and the county council regularly clean the shelters in the village, as well as cleaning the graffiti.

没有评论:

发表评论